Thursday, January 17, 2019

Heatwave, What Heatwave!

Interesting to hear that some places down south are featuring newspaper articles about heatwaves, extended days of temp temperatures over 30° with overnight lows around 24.  That's a pretty normal summer weather for us up here!  Humidity has usually been somewhere between 50% and 60% so not as bad as it can get.

The pool runs at around 29° mid afternoon and 26° or so first thing in the morning!

Our front lawn is yellow and the dead grass crackles beneath your feet!  So we need a drop of rain as well.  The pool needs topping up as well every 3 or 4 days as evaporation can be quite high at this time of year.

We have recently had the ceiling fan in the lounge replaced and the new model sure beefs out a huge flow of air which is fantastic while sitting back enjoying the cricket or Australian Open tennis on TV mid afternoon.  And the Waeco fridge just outside the back door full of drinks and home brew is handy as well.

As we flew to Melbourne this year we were pleased to receive Gift Cards as gifts.  I totaled up around $160 worth all up but one was for Rebel Sports, or Drummond Golf, or Supa Cheap Auto and BCF Outdoors.  These are all places I just do not go to and I have no need to travel there either.

Trish doesn't get to those places either so it seemed the gift card could not be put to any use at all.  Surprisingly, my $34 'smart watch' from China had some issues with the battery and recharging.  It was a great buy for the cost but it seemed it wasn't meant to last a long time.  BCF had cheap 'smart watches' for $30 but I have now been burnt with one for $34 from China.

So to the internet and over several days I checked around to see what was available from those stores.  I noticed a Samsung Fit2 Pro was available from Rebel Sports for around $200.  Bing Lee, an electrical store in Sydney had them for $149 and I later discovered Rebel had a 'price match policy'. So at around $99 from my own pocket and using the gift card and price match I grabbed one.

It does what the $34 watch did and much much more.  It just works so much better, much less hit and miss with apps and everything just works as it should.  A reputable manufacturer as well as good back up and support from Samsung I am very pleased with myself.  It works along with my Android phone which now has the Samsung Fit2 app installed and gives me heaps of fun and a wonderful new toy to play with.

Oh and by the way, my watch is all black and not the color in the photo above!

No comments: