Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Almost Ready To Pack!

Today is Tuesday and we fly out to the Philippines and Manila on Thursday, just before lunch.  The pool has been cleaned, the filter flushed out, the lawns mowed and the edges 'done'. I've guesstimated which case I should take and am getting my head around what clothes I need and whatever else needs to be packed.

I've tidied up my Samsung tablet and have uninstalled a few things.  I have 'synced' my Firefox browser with my other devices so I can readily access some of the websites I might need to check while away.  I've checked my Foxtel App on the Samsung tablet and have installed my NordVPN.  With this I hope to fool Foxtel into thinking I am in Australia and therefore eligible to watch Aussie sport on their sports channels, despite being overseas.  After all there is an Australia vs India Test Match on while we are away!

I've been to the doctor to sort out my meds and all is ready to head away.  We've been in contact with Peter, the husband to be, who is currently in Manila ensuring preparations are running smoothly for the wedding.  Peter will meet us at the airport.  He also mentioned that every passenger on the flight in (we are on the same flight as he was) was given a free sim card so that should mean we have some phone service when we arrive.

We have used the Messenger App to speak and text between ourselves in Queensland and Peter in Manila.  Messenger is taking over from Skype as the way to remain in contact while gallivanting around the world!

Under cover car parking has been booked in Brisbane for our time away. I've loaded up the Vodafone TV Box with some basic TV series ready to go.  All I will need is access to the hotel room's TV's HDMI ports and we are in business.  Hotel WiFi should be available as well.

Our hotel bookings are all completed and Trish has loaded up the "Travel Card".  I've had a haircut courtesy of Trish.  All seems in readiness

We had a great drinks night on Saturday and it took me a full 24 hours to recover.  I was OK the next morning, just not my sparkling best.  We had to travel around 8k's away this time and our host was kind enough to pick us up so we just needed to 'Uber' home.

This does not augur well for wedding celebrations so some care will need to be taken!  Fortunately the wedding reception is in the same hotel as where we are staying!  I will need to tread carefully at any pre-wedding celebration while in Manila.

So what else have we been up to?  I grabbed a $99 12 month Aldi Sim card for Trish for when we get back.  That gives her unlimited calls for 12 months and a total of 12GB of data.  She isn't a big user of data.  The deal seems pretty reasonable, even if she decides to toss it after 6 months.

We are slowly working our way through the drinks in the Waeco fridge wanting it emptied and cleaned before we leave.

There is a big washing day on today finalizing clothes required for the trip!

So basically, everything has been geared towards our trip away.  But then three nights after we get back home, we are due to fly to Melbourne for Christmas.

Most likely my next Blog post will be from the Philippines and done on the tablet.  The tablet sure isn't as nice to use as the PC but it still works OK.

Next stop, Manila!

No comments: