Thursday, September 06, 2018

Thursday PM

We've had almost 25mls of rain since I last added a post to the blog.  We need all the rain we can get as it has been unusually dry.  So we've had a couple of showers today with another possible shower looming.  But it isn't cold with the temp around 24°..

I was installing another program earlier this week on the new PC when a pop up message said the program could not be installed until Office 2016 had completed installation.  I clicked on a couple of buttons and before I knew what had happened Office 2016 was gone!

Eventually I downloaded another 3+GB version of Office 2016 and the install looked totally different as the photo shows.  Within 5 or 10 minutes 2016 had been installed and a minute or so later it was fully activated.

A bit of Youtube searching showed the problems I was having with the previous Office version installs where it stalled at around 90% were not uncommon.  And it even showed a way how you could get it to complete the installation.  But I am happy with it all now.

So it's over a week that I have had the new PC and I am quite happy with my choices and purchases.  The 8GB of Ram has seen an improvement on speed and the ability of the PC to do a couple of things at once.

Right now it is all great and running how I want it.  I have successfully added the 4x usb3 hard drives via a Hub and have added a usb3 extension cable to give the leads a bit more room.

Friends from Newcastle are coming to the Sunny Coast to pick up their brand new caravan.  The van is ready for collection on Tuesday and they will get here around lunchtime Saturday and spend a few nights with us.  It will be great to catch up and I am sure we will enjoy a couple of drinks.

We have received a couple of letters from NBN suppliers saying to sign up with them now for when the NBN gets connected on Friday October 19th, around 6 weeks away.  I have done all that but now we have an 'expected connection' date.

Footy for Trish and me tonight and tomorrow night.  A loss for my team means the end of 2018 while Trish's team gets a second chance.  They play the top team who are favorites at this stage to take out the premiership ...... but we will see!

No comments: