Monday, June 18, 2018

14.2° But Feels Like 6.3°

Here it is at 9:15 am on Monday morning and bike riding is well and truly off the agenda.  The bitterly cold weather from down south has spread its tentacles and has now reached Queensland.  The photo looks great taken from the front door this morning but the wind chill factor is enormous.  Thus the "feels like 6.3°" quote above.

I managed around 17k's yesterday morning.  I had delayed the start of the ride owing to the colder temperatures.  By the time I had completed the ride the temperature was still below 16° but the "feels like" was around 11°.  It's too cold for me.

This morning the wind is up as well adding to an even lower 'feels like".

If you can get out of the wind it is OK but it's that sort of gusting wind that gets into every corener of the backyard!

With the large trees in the small front garden now gone, the morning sun streams into the bedroom and warms it up delightfully.  It may still be some time until Trish emerges I suggest.

Trish enjoyed the footy over the weekend and I (though a little disappointed) am not devastated by my team's loss.  It will be great if and when we get all of our players back from injury.

With a quiet day on the way for today I may do a bottle wash.  It is still around 10 days until I would expect to bottle, I have almost enough empties for a brew.  It also means something gets done today.

We drink a bit of soft drink so I always have an endless supply of new bottles to use for my bottling.  Currently I'm tossing out some older bottles so a new 18 lot of 1.25 litre bottles isn't far away.

We've just finished watching a TV series called "Chance".  Currently there are only 2 series and I reckon Series 2 was better than the first one.  It wasn't too bad at all!

Somehow I have fluked getting the new series 20 of "Midsomer Murders" which hasn't even shown in the UK yet.  I have no idea where it came from originally but needless to say it was a popular download at Computer Club on Saturday.

Time to get stuck into that bottling I reckon!

No comments: