Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tuesday

Again, things cruise along pretty comfortably (but still a little warm) for us here on the Sunshine Coast.  The weather has returned to bloody warm with over night temperatures back to 22's and 23's and over 30 as a top during the day.  We have just about had enough of the heat here in Caloundra as has all of Queensland.  Almost 87% of this state is now declared "drought affected".

That 'could' change with stormy skies outside as I type but it will be hit and miss.  Hit and you will get a good drenching with rain, miss and you won't get a drop!

It is belting down in Brisbane but only cloudy here on the Sunshine Coast.  The pool requires a top up and the lawn has all but lost its greenness from a storm a week or so ago.  So 50mls of rain wouldn't go astray.

The new glasses continue great and bike riding still happens almost every day.  I still aim for between 60 and 65 k's per week.  This is about 5 lots of 12.5k's.  Last week I did in excess of 100k's,  I managed over 26k's one day but that nearly killed me!

I do have a bottle washing and a home brew bottling lined up for later this week.

As our trip to Bali and Beau and Jess' wedding from around mid April to early May gets closer we are beginning to plan stuff out a bit more.  We will have the best part of the final week on our own as others fly back to Melbourne.  We have accommodation sorted for the first week there and we are beginning to look at the final week.  My sister will be in Bali for a couple of those days so we still need to confirm what she wants to do.

It sounds like it is trying to rain outside but we can only cross our fingers we get a decent drop!  I just grabbed a photo for the blog and rain is looking pretty good!

And finally, this phone I bought from China, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (and comes with excellent reviews) is really great.  Not bad for under $250 delivered!  I am still waiting for several items I have bought online.  The stuff from overseas seems to take an eternity to get delivered.  It seems to get to Australia OK and quickly enough but then can take heaps of time to get delivered here.

We have the test cricket back on TV as of Thursday so my watching duties over the next days are sorted nicely!

No comments: