Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Quick Update

The rechargeable light I ordered was supposed to be delivered in 3 to 5 days so I was always apprehensive as to whether I would get it prior to hitting the road south to Melbourne for Christmas.  It came with tracking so I was able to kind of keep an eye on where the delivery was up to.

As you can see from the attached photo (above left) it was sent on Tuesday Dec 6th from Brisbane so I could expect delivery most likely on the Thursday.  Being Christmas the delivery could well have been delayed for a day or so.

I checked out the tracking website prior to my bike ride on Wednesday 'just in case'.  Tracking info for deliveries for that day usually go 'online' well before 9 am.  There was no updated tracking info at that stage.  So I did my bike ride, got home and had my swim and then did a couple of things around the house.

I managed to get back to my computer before lunch and decided to jump online and see where my 'package' was!  The screenshot as you can see told me the package was waiting for me at my own front door!  And there it was sitting there in a big brown cardboard box.

The new light will be perfect for our outside under the pergola summer night needs.  All power to the pool area etc is now on off-peak rates and is always unavailable from about 5pm until it becomes back on again around 9pm.  So we need around 4 hours of battery powered light to fill the missing time.   A quick test gives the new light at least 5 hours of power, more than adequately filling the gap.

Then it is fully recharged in 3 or 4 hours.  And being reduced from $99 to $30 delivered is another great feature!

There have been a few computer call outs the last few days where I have been asked to go around and help people out.  For thanks I have received one $50 Bunnings voucher and another $50 local IGA voucher, all going towards a new phone for my birthday!

We have begun getting sorted for the trip south.  Bags are open on the bed and things are being added to it from time to time as our memory clicks into gear.  The bags will be filled over the next couple of days.

We have a new neighbour.  He is a single guy, around 30 who is moving from the Gold Coast to here to be closer to family.  The house has a big backyard but is even smaller than our place inside.  Much of it has been renovated with a new kitchen, fresh paint and the like.  It sold for around $15,000 more than than I would have guessed as well indicating property values in our area are moving upwards.

The wind has died down luckily and has switched direction to come from the south east.  The days are much cooler and easier to enjoy! Despite being the storm season, we have only enjoyed one decent downpour so far.  We need a few more good falls as things are becoming quite dry.  I will need to top the pool up from the garden tap before we go away!

Goodness only knows when the next post may be as we head off first thing Tuesday.  We expect to drive into Melbourne's northern suburbs around 6 pm on Friday and will be staying there for several nights catching up with family.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone down there again.

No comments: