Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sorting Out Time

Today I mowed the lawns and had a haircut.  The lawn needed a mow but I didn't need a haircut really.  You see we fly out to Perth for 9 days with our daughter Kim on Friday.

Then we are due to catch up with Friends Eddie and Patsy on board the Sea Princess for our 17 night cruise from Fremantle to Sydney.  So we are to be away for almost 4 weeks so the lawn needs a mow, I get a haircut even though it really is crucial just yet, and the suitcases have been dragged down from where they are stored.

Trish remains flat out with Arts Centre Association stuff and I have been a tad busy helping some others out with their Android TV boxes.

Some guys buy an Android TV Box all set up with heaps of stuff already pre loaded.  This is a great idea if you really aren't sure exactly what you need and don't know your way around an android tv box.  And of course to have it all set up adds considerably to the cost.  I paid around $80 less for my 'naked' model.

The pre setup boxes had a big update recently and it seems it didn't work too well.  So I have been able to help various people out and set them up with the stuff they want on their android tv boxes. I did one this morning and have another to do for his mate on Thursday.  But now I have set one up as they like it, all I now need to do is copy the set up program files and copy/paste them into the second guy's box.

I do this first thing on Thursday.

When we lived in Melbourne there seemed to be that weather defining day when there was a distinct change in the seasons.  You suddenly awake to a new day but there was an unfamiliar chill in the air and you just know that summer has ended and we are heading towards winter.

Up here it is more of a slow transition from one to the other usually.  But one day last week there was that distinct change, the tops are now 26 to 28 and lows anything from 17 to 20 odd.  The ceiling fan in the bedroom has been turned off for almost a week now!

And everyone in this part of the world is loving it, even the born and bred Queenslanders are pleased to see the eventual end of the hot and sticky weather that this summer was.

The pool is a cool 22.5° first thing in the morning and struggles to sub 24° during the day.  So my morning swim after a bike ride is now not a long drawn out affair.  I had two swims today, one after the bike ride and lawn mowing, the second after my haircut!

But with morning showers, bottle washing, computer club and then a beer bottling, bike riding has been off the agenda for 4 or so consecutive days.  The last 2 days have seen me back on the bike again.  4 or 5 days away from a daily ride certainly makes getting back on the bike more enjoyable.

The next big job now is getting our bags packed.

No comments: