Tuesday, December 01, 2015

A Happy Little Vegemite

The title for this post describes how I feel after the new "Android TV Box" was delivered yesterday around lunchtime.  I bought it online from China on Thursday and it was delivered to the front door around lunchtime Monday. 

Poor Trish continues to wait for her new phone to be delivered and it was ordered several days before I ordered the TV Box..

Hers came with 'cheap' postage ($6) whereas mine had a postage charge of around $25.

You can buy what I got for around $280 from JB HiFi with the better quality remote.  Mine cost around $100 less and with the better quality remote included. And after a little fiddling around I managed to get the quality DTS sound working on it this morning.

It does things that little bit better than the Tronsmart does, the one I got at half price.  Needless to say the Tronsmart will be available for sale.  At $70 it is still a really good buy for someone as it works fairly well.  I seem to feel it didn't work well with my lower end Yamaha Amplifier which is where all my devices play through.  Everything, ordinary Free To Air TV, Media Player, Pay TV and Blu Ray player all play through the amplifier.

Trish's old phone is beginning to play up.  The battery will go from 70% to empty in a very short while.  Needless to say the new phone can't arrive quickly enough.  It is due for delivery sometime this week.  I will buy a replacement battery when we return after Christmas and then we can keep Trish's current phone as a 'spare'

After she gets her phone we will both have received our Christmas presents.

We continue to have warm steamy weather.  My next stop will be the pool after this.

The Waeco is chugging away under the patio cooling some brews, ciders and soft drinks.  It is working quite well.  We have another hot day tomorrow before cooling off for a few days when we can expect top temps around 27° after the change.

Trish is well into Xmas lunches from various groups with which she is involved.  So it is Christmas busy, busy busy.

No comments: