Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday News Catchup

Things have continued steadily within the Thomas household the last few days. Gone are the chilly brisk mornings as we head into spring. They have been replaced with quite cool mornings with temps around 10 degrees. We still tend to wait till before 9 am to head off for the daily bike ride just to ensure we don't freeze. We also need to see if there is a cold s/w breeze blowing, that can put icicles on your bicycle! Days have usually been 20 or low 20's.

On Monday I went around to a the home of a guy I have met through the Computer Club. We are both into downloading movies and don't mind using the occasional 'software' which we seem to have on continual 'trial'. He had just bought a new PC so he was busy setting it up. We got his home network going which makes copying the files from one PC to the other a lot easier.

I have loaned him an older model Harmony Remote Control and we spent some time setting it up too. It was a lot of fun and got me out of the house. Tuesday was dentist day but just for an X-ray to ensure all the work I had done earlier in the year had gone OK.

Today has been busy with bottling another brew. When the job is finished I need to clean up carefully and ensure the equipment is dry. With today getting to about 24 degrees, it should be easy enough to get it dry!

We head down to Melbourne early in September, mainly for me to get to the AFL Footy Finals. The Grand Final is always hard to get seats, and for us MCG Members they go on a on the day first come first served basis. In the past I have been known to leave home in Melbourne about 4 am to line up to get a good seat for the Grand Final which starts at 2:30 pm. I am a bit old for that nowadays!

The MCG has a ballot for some seats too, you pay $25 and your name goes into the barrel for a reserved seat which are not necessarily in the 'prime' area. As we are coming from some way away (i.e. interstate) I decided to put my name in the ballot as a 'backup'. I was successful in my ballot application and I have been allocated a seat 5 rows from the front on the second level (N40), in front of the MCC Members Dining Room. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this seat a rating of 8! Needless to say I am quite pleased. Click on the picture for a larger view and see if you can find Section N40.

It was announced yesterday that budget airline Tiger Airways would extend its 3 flights per week to Melbourne from the Sunshine Coast to a daily service.

No comments: