Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Wog Hangs On

Trish is slowly recovering from the 'wog' and is at least out of bed for longer periods nowadays. I am about 95% and now wanting to do things around the house. I haven't had a 'brew' for 6 days and still don't feel today will be the day.

Weather remains a little cooler and windy.

I managed to jump on the bike for the first time for a while and clock up a few more kilometres. Rode past "Duck Swamp" (I think that is its local name, pretty spot) and then on to the Caloundra racecourse. About 40 mins and almost 12 k's.

Despite being cooler this morning I still had a quick swim after I got home to freshen up after the ride. I had to clean up some ash from recent fires which has been blown or carried in by the rain from the pool this morning.

I tend to wear the bike riding gear into the pool. It freshens it up a bit ready for the next day's ride!

We got 20 mls of rain the other day but 20 k up the coast at Maroochydore they got 68mls. Shows the local nature of the rainfall in this part of the world. Only to get to 26 or so today.

Chooka is catching fish in Westernport he tells me!

We fly to Melbourne two weeks from today and return home on New Year's Eve.

No comments: