Tuesday, December 18, 2018

On Our Way Again

Here is a photo of the gigantic Asia Mall in Manila.  It was a very pleasant part of our recent trip to Manila and the Philippines.

So we have returned to Caloundra and I have been reminded of how much I dislike overnight flights.  Despite a couple of sleeping tablets, I really only managed to doze.  Trish believes she got a couple of hours sleep during the 8 hour flight from Manila to Brisbane.

Neither of us has pulled up overly strongly after the trip.  I have dropped around 5kgs and still not a total 100%.  Trish is worse than I am having suffered yet another relapse!  She says she is OK but I know differently.

And we are on our way again, this time we are flying down to Melbourne to spend Christmas with the family today.

It seems I didn't give the garage remote to the neighbour who keeps an eye on our place while we are away, instead I gave him the remote to the car.  He has pressed the remote key to open the garage, the garage hasn't opened but he did open the car boot .... and activated the boot light.  So it has been on for around 2 weeks.  The car battery is as dead as!

It has been recharged at $20 a pop but there is no guarantee it will start upon our return from Melbourne. Kim is collecting us from the airport in Melbourne and will drive us out to Kate's in Berwick where we will be staying.  Needless to say we will drive via Springvale and the Vietnamese restaurants there.  Fortunately, both Trish and I have our hunger back!

This time I am taking the new 'old' laptop I was given so I will be able to compute almost as usual.

I have put all the Messenger pieces together and have created a single lengthy blog post on the trip to the Philippines.  Over the next few days I might even go back and add a few more photos. You can relive the trip in the post below.

We expect to return to Caloundra a day earlier than we had planned, on Sunday Dec 30th.

As much as we will enjoy being with the family, I am sure neither Trish nor myself will sorry to get back home for a prolonged period of time.

No comments: