Sunday, October 28, 2018

Following Meg and Harry

I am not sure we'll get the "Royal Suite" but we are off to Fraser Island this week and staying at the same place as the the Royal Couple!  Trish grabbed a ticket from a "Luxury Escapes" website, three nights accommodation with breakfast included.  We are on the 3:30 pm Tuesday ferry across to the resort and will spend 3 nights there.

We've booked a Fraser Island all day bus tour for one of the days and it had better be nice and sunny! At $150 per head it would want to be a great day out.  You can't go over to the island and not 'do' the tour on this once in a lifetime trip for us.

So this week is pretty well sorted.  As the photo shows I've managed a bottling around a week ago and today I put another brew on and bottle washed.  The bottling should go ahead upon our return from Fraser!

We bit the bullet and one of the guys at Computer Club put a totally new version of Windows 10 Pro install on Trish's 5 year old laptop for her.  I spent most of yesterday (Saturday) putting Office and all the other stuff she wanted back on again.  We managed to re install 95% of the stuff back, luckily it was all the important stuff she needs.  It sure seems to load and shut down a lot more quickly after the reformat.

The weather has sure warmed up the last week or so here with a week of around 30° each day.  Some days were hotter, others a little cooler.  10 days ago the pool was 22° and a bit chilly.  Today it is over 28° and just delightful!  I usually swim a couple of times each day.

Bike riding has now been joined by a daily walk of a couple of kilometres. I'm wanting to get ready for our trip to the Philippines and Manila early in December where we expect to do a lot of walking.  So I thought I would start off with a couple of k's each day and slowly work my way up.  So I do my walk and follow up with a slightly shorter bike ride of around 12k's or so.

After that bit of exercise a swim goes down very well indeed.

On Thursday's walk I just wore my cheap scuffs and managed a blister on a toe on my right foot.  So walking gave way to bottle washing this morning!

Luckily we aren't into the full swing of summer as the ceiling fan in the lounge room just stopped!  I've rigged up a pedestal fan in the short term and it is OK at this time of the year.  Someone is expected to come around and check it out for us.  I guess we'll be up for a new ceiling fan.

There is a Cricket Australia android 'app' which has live TV coverage of the Sheffield Shield matches.  Being Android means it can also be installed on my Nvidia Shield box and I can watch all the matches live and on the big screen  There is also a Cricket Australia addon in Kodi which gives me yet another chance to sit back and enjoy the day's play at the MCG or the like.

So we are both well and enjoying life here on the Sunshine Coast.  The warmer weather now means several jumps in the pool each day.  So mow the lawn, into the pool afterwards.  And then I can always enjoy the odd cool drink or two .... or three!

No comments: